Director and Lead Consultant
Nigel Stott is the owner of Spencer Emmett and worked within the legal technology industry for 15 years before breaking out to set up his own technology consultancy. Nigel started his career as a systems engineer including time at Premier Farnell plc, the National Health Service and British Telecom plc.
In 2001 Nigel entered the legal IT industry working for Clarion Solicitors, becoming IT Director in 2007.
Nigel then moved to Top 250 law firm Lupton Fawcett as Head of IT before joining Peppermint Technology.
In 2016 Nigel left Peppermint to form Spencer Emmett with an emphasis on helping businesses select and implement technology to take them to the next level. He has recently worked with the likes of Neom Organics London, Capita plc and also supports a number of SME’s with their digital strategies.
During his career Nigel has delivered a number of complex technology and business projects in fast paced environments. Examples of these include:
- A law firm de-merger project that involved the provision of a case management system, multiple new offices across the North of England and a mobile device strategy for the “new” firm post de-merger;
- Implementation of new practice management systems;
- Implementation of a multitude of case management systems;
- Cloud migration projects’;
- Implementation of integrated card payment systems.
Nigel has also presented at a number of technology events and has featured heavily in industry technology publications.
Mobile: 07595 256 193